Thursday, June 19, 2008

John Bevere's study, The Bait of Satan, Lesson 7

God whispered, "You are an awful lot like Peter."

As John Bevere noted in the video teaching series at Wednesday night service, Peter had a lot of zeal, but he was building his life on the strength of his soul (not God's strength of the spirit), his personality, and his previous experiences.

Sounds an awful lot like me, Lord.

I run so much off of my personal strength in my soul, my personality, and my previous experiences.

I am EXHAUSTED. Part of it is working in the computer lab every night, but part of it is that I'm trying to be Chapel Director, trying to be a hero, trying to run off of my knowledge.

Now, I am getting back into the habit of daily reading my Word (I REALLY fell out of that during the school year!), but even that is not enough... I have such a hard time being still before the Lord (sounds vaguely familiar... something He's been trying to teach me for a LONG time now!!)

And, then, of course, there's other stuff going on emotionally, which just doesn't need to be posted on the internet. I will say this, I'm tired of being single.

'Nuff for now.

OH, and I don't like any of these templates for Blogger. None of them seem quite fitting.

No comments: