Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dancing in the Rain

"Life isn't about learning how to survive in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Very true statement, as I have found out.

Last night, I did something I never would have used to believe I could do.

I danced in the rain with God.

Last night as I left the computer lab at midnight, it was pouring!! Now, I had almost just finished reading another chapter in Joyce Meyer's Enjoying Where You Are On the Way To Where You Are Going, and it was about believing God's word and finding joy in peace in that belief. She talked about enjoying God.

So, I was leaving, and I hate getting wet, mind you. Outside of bathing, I really don't care to get wet. I don't even like swimming sometimes. So I was slightly annoyed as I started walking back to the apartment.

Well, God helped me realize that I'm going to get wet. I was already half-soaked a few steps away from the building. No use trying to avoid it.

It was POURING. I mean, water running everywhere on the sidewalk. No place to get the least wet. "Well, I guess I'm going to get wet no matter what."

God told me to pray for an outpouring of His Spirit... I did, and it gave me such joy. I started singing songs about rain. 'Let it rain, let it rain, open the floodgates of heaven,' and 'Open the windows of heaven, send the rain, send the rain.' Let me tell you, it started raining harder.

As I kept walking, suddenly a huge lightning bolt lit the sky and a huge crack of thunder soon followed. God thinks He's funny. I screamed. I mean, He thinks He's really funny.

Soon I arrived at the incline across the street from my apartment building. A huge stream of water flowed from the drain pipe. I started stomping in puddles and standing in the stream. It was about ankle-deep. God brought to my rememberance Ezekiel 47 about the river that was ankle-, knee-, waist-, and too- deep water. I said, "God, I want to be more than ankle deep in you."

Last night, I did something I never would have done in the past.

I danced in the rain with God.

No comments: