Wow... I am taking Geography 130 right now, and it's pretty much a good refesher of what we talked about in high school geography (later sections will be more complicated, but right now it's the fundamentals).
Currently we are in the section about climate, and the lesson is on Earth-Sun Relationships/Atmospheric Circulation: Pressure and Surface Winds. That may sound complicated, but it's really not. It's talking about the seasons and how they change... I am amazed at what a creative God we have. The earth, as you know, is tilted at a 23.5ยบ angle. That angle is constant. As the earth revolves around the sun, different parts of Earth's surface are facing the sun more than others. As a result of this direct sunlight, the air gets warmer. How creative can He get? A lot more than that, I'm telling you.
Now, about surface winds, this is even cooler... air moves from areas of high pressure to low pressure. As the certain parts of Earth's surface are warmed, the air rises (low pressure)... the colder parts of Earth's surface have higher pressure due to less direct sunlight. So that colder air moves to replace the warmer air which has risen. That colder air, now moved to areas of more direct sunlight is warmed and rises, while the warmer air, now moved to areas of less direct sunlight, cools and sinks to Earth's surface. The cycle begins again.
God is so creative!!! That may or may not be exciting to you, but when I think about it, I can't help but think of how amazing God is. WOW!!!
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment