Well, I like to make things "spiritual." I like to find practical things and make them into a mini-sermon.
In studying economics, I am going over the chapter on supply and demand. The chapter discussed the principle of diminishing marginal unity... the idea that with each additional purchase of an item, our satisfaction with that item becomes less and less. In other words, the thrill runs out.
Isn't that interesting? Stuff can't make us happy, no matter how much of it we have, no matter how much we buy, we can't be totally fulfilled.
But... with God, that thrill never wears out. In fact, it's quite the opposite! The more you have of God, the more you want, the more you hunger and thirst after Him. And the amazing thing is, we will never get to the end of Him! He will never run out!
Even economics can teach us spiritual things. Isn't that amazing that God put the principle of diminishing marginal utility in us, that He planned it before even time began?
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment