Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fountain Preachers...

WELL, school has stared, and it seems like it's going to be a good semester so far.

When I came to school, everyone told me I would have a class where they try to teach you out of a world view... and I finally made it to that class. This is my fourth year, and NOW I have a class where the teacher is going to change my point of view. Apparently, it's not okay to agree to disagree, and that if I don't agree with someone's lifestyle, then I'm not accepting them for who they are. My Christian beliefs are okay for ME, but maybe not for the person who is born blessed as a Hindu.

I'm scared I'm going to have to compromise my beliefs that Jesus is the best thing on this earth and everybody should try Him to get an A. Pray for wisdom.

More importantly, pray for my teacher.

Anyway, we had some excitement on campus already.... Several traveling evangelists came to campus. Or, should I call them fountain shouters... I'm not sure how to feel about it. Sure, they gathered large crowds, but most of the time they shouted at people and people shouted back. And, yes, not everyone is going to react friendly to the message of Christ, but I'm not sure whether they were preaching the Gospel, or just morality. In the interview with the Statesman, they called themselves, "Morality doctors," and tried to preach morality to balance out all the other messages........ I dunno. Our morality without Christ gets us nowhere. And when Paul or Jesus preached, both of them had performed some sort of miracle and presented the Gospel, but I don't know how many miracles they performed. And the messages compelled people to come to salvation. And it was the RELIGIOUS PEOPLE (i.e., Pharisees) that got upset. I don't know how many people were compelled to come to salvation. One of them has a YouTube video series... apparently they do this a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWlnUgoaiww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8vQU012kfs

Watch it and tell me what you think.

Sure, when you come face to face with the message of Christ, you either accept it or not....

Well, here's another video, taken by a student... CAUTION: THERE IS PROFANITY. PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN WATCH THIS. This is the same guy in the other video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQklrw5y-0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5WkIwo-DRU

Apparently, they didn't include this in the other videos.

I'm really not sure what to make of it... "Open Air Preaching" in the Bible compelled people to come to Christ. How many people were compelled to come to Christ through this?

I kinda "air preached" one time on a forum, and nobody was compelled to come to Christ.

One of my good friends, who graduate a while ago, said he was walking by the fountain when the lady was there. He got a little upset, and said, "Why don't you preach Christ in love? Not Christ in hate." And she got upset and said, "Well, why don't you preach Him then?" and walked away. He took advantage of the situation to preach Christ is love. And people listened.

No comments: