Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Open the doors

So, two Sundays ago, Pastor preached on the story of Hezekiah, and how he opened the doors to the temple of God after his father Ahaz had shut them. The temple was in complete disarray, and Hezekiah called in the Levites and priests to consecrate themselves and to carry the filth from the temple (2 Chron 29).

So, all last week I prayed that God would open the doors to my temple (I am a temple of the Holy Spirit), and to show me the filth in my life.

Okay, seeing my own sin makes me nervous. I saw some things in my self that need changed. Letting God's light shine in my dark places is hard to do.

1 comment:

The Corey Family said...

Wow...I missed this message, but what you are saying is exactly what my devotional was about this morning. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.