For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:
"I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."
Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.
============================That is resounding in my heart at this moment. The more I read the opinions of those who are perishing, the more I realize how upside-down God's Kingdom is, how backwards from the world's point of view. It's like the completely opposite... America is trying to be independent from God, trying to make our own ideals, trying to get the most toys before we die, trying to live selfishly...
When I read in my economics book how sport franchises went from playing for the love of the game to playing to make the most money, my heart broke. We are so... blind. We are so materialistic.
Our eyes are on such temporary things.
Things that won't last.
The sinful nature....
It's so painful.
Consuming.
Enslaving.
Erasing us
til we become
nothing.
=========================
On the other hand, it seems like Christians have lost that sacrificial love. When I look at the way the world views Christians, sometimes I can't help but wonder if our actions are part of it?
In reading Red Moon Rising, I think I see something happening, though. In attending Urbana and seeing 22,000+, the majority of them being college students with a passion for God, I think i see something happening. I see a people that God is awakening and a people in whom God is instilling the vision for His Kingdom. I see a people willing to become vessels to do whatever it takes to show the lost who Christ really is. I see a people willing to be His hands, His feet, even His heart.
I see God creating a Psalm 24 generation.
We have the Baby boomers, Generation X, Generation Y, The Millenials, a whole list of them on Wikipedia.
But I want us to be labeled the "Psalm 24" generation.
===========================
I'm about to start Revolution in World Missions, even having not finished Red Moon. I am thoroughly excited. From what I've read about it, I think I will be challenged.



No comments:
Post a Comment