I was exploring the idea of getting a portable hard drive for my laptop.
I came across a 1 TB internal hard drive. I asked myself, "What is a TB?"
Thanks to Wikipedia... a TB is a terabyte, which contains 1000 gigabytes. My computer has a capacity for 120 GB. That's a lotta gigs in one TB!! Way more than my laptop!
I kept reading, and it is said that the internet traffic is estimated to be 160 terabytes/second... which is 5 zettabytes per year.
What is a zettabyte?
A zettabyte is 1000 terabytes.
I checked out the orders of magnitude article... And way down at the bottom of the page, it says: 2.25 zettabytes are contained in 1 gram of DNA.
WHOA!!!!! HOLY CRAP!! Even the largest memory space on a computer... currently 1 TB, and I'm sure now even more... can't even hold enough information to fit into 1 gram of DNA.
God never ceases to amaze me!
11 years ago



1 comment:
LOL! At first I thought...wow..boring information, not normal for Theresa..but then obviously I got your point and that is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment