A new semester is underway. FINALLY. I really love all of my classes.
Music in Special Education: I am looking forward to this class after last semester. I took an elementary methods course in the College of Education (different from our elem methods course in the music department) and got the chance to observe a special needs music class, and it was tons o' fun.
Middle School Methods: Again, in the college of education and different from our middle school general music methods in the music department. Unlike the class in the music department, though, I will get to go to a middle school choir class at Chauncey Rose, which is right around the corner from... you guessed it... 14th and Chestnut. :) Right up my alley.
Concert Choir: Enough said. Love it.
Masterworks Chorale: A community choir through ISU that performs large works with an orchestra... this semester is "The Creation" by Joseph Haydn, which is absolutely FABULOUS. I haven't sung in Masterworks since my sophomore year, so I am looking forward to performing like this again. I rather enjoy singing large works because it was Mozart's "Requiem" which pushed me into wanting to study music in college during my senior year in high school.
Adolescent Voice: Talking about working with adolescent voices that are changing and developing.
Sycamore Singers: Our chamber group. Very different this semester, with a change in director. But fun, none the less.
Conducting lessons: live private voice lessons, only for conducting.
Voice lessons: will be working on stuff for my recital at the end of the semester. Going to be a lot of work, but worth it.
I'm excited!!!
11 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment