Wednesday, April 23, 2008

CHEESE

Okay.... I can certainly understand the mindset of this article... but let me add my two cents.

=======================================

Making the exodus from public school indoctrination
by Cal Thomas

The government schools want to shape a child’s mind in ways that reflect a mostly liberal, humanistic worldview. This has implications for a child’s understanding of economics, foreign policy, American history and the size and purpose of government, in addition to what once was know as “traditional values.” It is about reflecting the worldview of the teachers unions, who are in the pocket of the Democratic Party. In other words, the Left uses public schools to produce the next generation of Democrats.

The tragedy is that too many conservative Christian, Republican parents who want their children to have a different worldview -- their own -- willingly participate in the destruction of their children’s minds by turning them over to a way of thinking that is antithetical to their beliefs. Parents who worship at conservative churches on Sunday willingly send their children to schools five days a week where what they are taught undermines what they learned in church and at home. They would never think of taking their kids to a church that teaches doctrines opposed to their beliefs, but they don’t give a second thought to doing the same thing by sending them to government schools. It makes no sense.

Mr. Gleason (a California minister who urges parents to take their children out of public schools) has found it difficult to start a fire among conservative Christians because apathy is like wet underbrush. But he is undeterred. He thinks that like those other fires with which California is familiar, the best time to get out is while you still can.

====================================

This certainly seems logical from the outset... but think about it... If instead of pointing fingers at the school for "indoctrinating" our children with atheistic beliefs... what would happen if parents really got involved with their child's education, and instead of reacting to things that they are learning with disgust, why not, when your child comes home from school, actually discuss what they learned in school that day and how it fits/doesn't fit with what the Bible says?

I bet that over half the CHRISTIAN parents that complain don't sit down as a family and have regular time to read the Bible and pray with their children.

The BIGGEST problem that I have with this is that instead of complaining about all the things that are wrong and pointing fingers at all the things that are wrong, we should BE the change we want to see. If you take all of the Christian students out of the public schools, who is going to be there to share the love of Jesus with their friends at lunch, or defend the kids that get picked on or even make friends with them? If you take the light out of the darkness, it remains as darkness.

If you took the time to teach your children about the Bible and talk about their character, creationism, whatever else it is that you complain about the schools doing... then they will know the truth. Stuff like this really, really, cheeses me off. As a future public school educator... this is really frustrating.

That's exactly what I'm going to do when I have kids. We are going to sit down as a family and read the Bible together, and pray regularly together. My kids shouldn't have to wait until Sunday morning service or Wednesday night youth group to learn about God's Word.

I made it through public schools. I'm a Christian student. My professors know me as one of the hardest working, most passionate students... and I promise the difference between my peers and myself is that I know the Lord Jesus Christ. He makes all the difference... people always comment that I always have a good attitude... it's the joy of the Lord...

The public schools need a light. If you remove the Christian students, then that light is removed as well.

AND NOT ALL PUBLIC SCHOOL EDUCATORS ARE EVIL.

1 comment:

Family of Faith said...

Thanks for writing this! I needed to hear it. :-)