First of all, I have resolved that I have NO IDEA what I'm doing after I graduate. That's all I know, and I have to learn to trust God... He knows what He is doing, and He knows the plans He has for me, and I don't, so... I'll just have to be okay with that. :)
Second of all... but I just watched a documentary on the child soldiers in Northern Uganda. My roommate watched the first part, but she said it was too depressing and went off to do something else.
But... how can you turn away? It's reality... and there's not a one of these children that God didn't create or doesn't love...
And some might ask, "Well, if He's such a loving God, then why does He let this happen?"
...
...if you believe He's a loving God, why don't you be His hands and feet and show His love...
These are children. Children.
I think of the kids at the Center... some of them have awful lives... but you can't turn away because it's depressing. When you see a child in pain, how can you not be moved?
...these little ones that can't speak up for themselves.
...these children that God has formed in their mother's womb...that God longs to hold in His arms.
(I'm not condemning my roommate and calling her hard-hearted at all.)
But how can you turn away?
11 years ago



1 comment:
wow teresa, we're pretty similar. i mean, i just read your post about the Center you work at and it sounds just like this place I've been volunteering at called the Heritage House. The house is an alternative to foster care for teenage girls with terrible backgrounds. I'd love to hear/read more about the center sometime.
and ya, I'll def. put you on my list of pray-ers. what's your email? i can send you my prayer update things if you like. :)
Post a Comment