I am thoroughly excited--yet kind of afraid--for our new book in the Single Women's class in Bible Academy (Sunday School with a kick). It is Healed Without Scars, by David G. Evans.
Here's how the back cover reads (anything in italics is added by me):
==================================
Have you been hurt by past disappointment (yes), fear (yes), rejection (yes), abandonment (well... yeah), or failure (yeah, pretty much)? If so, you've probably learned that time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds. When pain from the past lingers in your life and causes emotional scars, you need to understand that God is always ready to help you be healed without scars!
==================================
I am excited to see what God is going to do with it. I know going through the healing process is ironically going to hurt in some ways.
I'm kind of afraid of the unknown, of letting some guards down and letting God in some areas I don't necessarily like to let Him deal with or see (but He knows they are there anyway... imagine that...). But, you know, I could just sit here with all my past haunting me everyday.... or I could let God wash it away. Tough choice, I know.
Dr. Randy Caldwell came and spoke today at church, and it was phenomenal. He said something, and I know he's said it before, but it kind of hit home today. (the paraphrased version....)
"I had a friend who is a Pastor, and he bought a 75 year old house across the street from his church to put in a parking lot. Well, they tore down the house, and it was a bare plot. Just looked like dried mud. Two or three days later, the Pastor looked out his window and saw a blood red tulip sticking up out of the ground. Imagine that... that house had been there for 75 years, and you'da never known there was a tulip there. They got all that junk out of the way, and then the 'Son' got a hold of it..."
So... I think that's what God wants to do with my life--tear down the old stuff built on the foundation... and then the seeds He's planted in my life will grow and blossom into something beautiful.
Something God told me a while ago... courage... hope. Today I felt hope. It might not feel like it, but I know God's not done with me yet. Some days I look at who I've been lately, and it's like, "God, how could you even still want to use me?" Man, that tulip is just busting to get out. If I'd just let God deal with the old stuff... geeze. Seems so simple.
11 years ago



1 comment:
So how is this study/book going? I would love to be in a group going through a book like that.
Post a Comment